RESPONSIBLE OF PROCESSING:
KHALIL GIBRAN SCHOOL (here referred as “KGS”)
- Registered address: Avenue Bir Kacem, Rabat, 10000, Morocco
- SIC Code 82,821
- Phone number: +212 537752948
KHALIL GIBRAN SCHOOL is part of Inspired Education Group (Inspired Education Holdings Limited), which is a company registered in United Kingdom, with number 09268120, addressed in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with Article 5 of Law No 09-08, dated February 18, 2009, relating to protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and its implementation Decree n° 2-09-165 of May 21, 2009 (together the DP Law), KGS provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries about the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their parents, families and / or legal representatives and from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about KGS.
The personal data processed are mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Family details and legal situation;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Parent’s employment status;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Educational institutions previously attended.
- Qualifications, recommendations and references;
- Financial and bank details;
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the educational purposes, sensitive data related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
- Other sensitive data that may be necessary for a specific grounded purpose.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
KGS collects information directly from you or from your legal representative (s):
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website;
- Through cookies used on our website, through which we can collect login data, browsing behaviour, settings and actions in web applications;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation;
- Through online tools, such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by KGS;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises;
- Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities working with the individual;
4. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We process your data on the basis of Article 4 of Law No 09-08. We are legitimised to collect and process your data on the consent provided by you, as well as for the performance of a contract and to comply with the legal obligations that may derive from it. We may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and your consent when sending commercial communications about our activities.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
KGS processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the educational activity and other additional services involved. We collect and keep students and parents’ information when necessary to:
- Attend your enquiries properly;
- Manage your visit to our School and your applying for enrolment;
- Ensure that the student meets KGS admission’s criteria;
- Provide educational and necessary additional services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress, virtual classroom, extracurricular activities, etc;
- Provide Summer Camp service;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, canteen service and transport and other additional services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Comply with legal and administrative requirements;
- Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of a special event, emergency or in the case of school closure;
- Keep parents informed of their child’s educational progress and other personal circumstances, etc.
- Involve parents and students in the celebration of school’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school. In these cases, KGS may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in our blog, social networks and yearbooks. We may also share your image with other Inspired Education Group websites, and social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) always based on a written informed consent from the interested party;
- Send commercial communications if previously authorised by you. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” option or sending a written request to our Data Protection Officer;
Besides parents and students’ information, we also process details about our providers to manage the services rendered by them that may be necessary for our School’s activities as well as information from our employees related to their employment contract and the labour benefits related in addition to other professionals who support us in our business activity.
6. CANDIDATES AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by KGS as the data controller. The KGS Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
7. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with other companies that are part of Inspired Education Group, or third parties when necessary for the purposes of the services, to attend a legal requirement from relevant authorities, when permitted on statutory grounds, to comply with legal obligations or based on a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, legal measures will be adopted to ensure the protection of your personal data when sharing your personal data with a third party. The parties to whom we may disclose your personal data as above referred may be located in countries outside Morocco. In such cases, we will implement proper measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
8. Conservation of data
Personal information will only be retained for the period required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Article 5 of Law No 09-08 you can exercise your rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data are collected, about the data processing carried by KGS.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw your consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise such rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, and mentioning in the subject “Request for exercise of rights” to our Data protection Officer’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
KGS will not collect and / or process information from minors on no account. Consent from parents or legal representatives will be always required.
11. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
KGS shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
12. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
This website contains links to other websites and useful applications in addition to social networks like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. KGS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
13. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not needed for required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can find more information about our Cookies policy at our website.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request for exercise of rights, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
You are also entitled to send your complaint to the data protection authority, Data Protection National Commission (Commission Nationale de Protection des Données Personnelles) with contact details described at: firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed at Angle Boulevard Annakhil et Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka, Immeuble Les Patios, 3ème étage Hay Riad - Rabat Maroc, Tél : (212) 537 57 11 24 / 71 70 73 / 71 36 44.
15. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
KGS may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in January 2024